Upon turning 25, I wrote an editorial about the mental distress that i was facing in those coming months. I talked about the quarter life crisis (as it is so commonly called) to let my readers know that it’s real and it does exist but it doesn’t have to get the best of you. Taking responsibility for choices you’ve made and the outcomes it’s brought you will better evolve you as a person than not being accountable for your actions. Below, I’ve listed five things that I’ve learned since turning 25. This is my personal list of realizations and I don’t expect that it’ll apply to you but maybe you can digress and think about things that you’ve learned since turning any age significant to you. Start thinking about things like this to better measure your growth and to think about where you want to go from there.
1. Patience is key but there’s nothing wrong with putting a time stamp on something that has gone on for far too long. If it does not align with your end goal. Cut that excess fat.
2. I’ve still got a long way to go and a lot of things to learn. Yes, there is a certain amount of wisdom that comes along with being “25” but you’re still in your mid twenties and still have a lot of things to learn before the big 3-0.
3. I’m still defining myself. I’m evolving everyday. It doesn’t stop at 25 and probably won’t stop at 50 either. Life is all about evolving. In fact, that’s where the theory of evolution holds as fact right?
4. I may be passionate about a certain cause or thing today and a year from now it may not even matter to me. It’s ok to change your mind. You have that right. It’s all apart of growing.
5. Be who you are and own it! Even if it’s just who you are in that moment…if you decide to be an astronaut tomorrow, then be the best damn Astronaut out there. Confidence is EVERYTHING. Be comfortable with yourself and be consistent with that.
Well those are my five and initially I thought about doing 25 but I couldn’t think about 25 things. 🙂 After all, I still have four months until my next birthday and plenty more to learn.
Follow me on IG @ambitiousmixblog — I’m always looking to follow back like minded individuals. I’m also on Twitter as @ambitiousmix, @Intuitivemimi and if you haven’t already don’t forget to like me on Facebook to get updates delivered directly to your timeline.
Stay Ambitious! Stay Motivated!