Disclaimer: This post was a guest post that i blogged on the Ambitious Girls Club Blog back on September 15, 2014. The topic is still relevant and i wanted to personally share this post with my readers and make it readily accessible for you here on the Ambitious mix Blog. Enjoy!
Each of us makes thousands of decisions on a day-to-day basis; Cereal or oatmeal, Salad or pizza, 15 more minutes of exercise or 15 more minutes of sleep- these are just a few examples of the minor decisions we make every day. The minor and major decisions we make have an effect on how we live our lives. It’s inevitable that out of the thousands of decisions we make daily that some of them will be the wrong choice. So what can we really do? Making wrong decisions is a part of life. There is a way to make more informed decisions and to start living the life you want to live.
When faced with tough decisions:
1. Weigh out the possible scenarios
• What happens if things go wrong?
• What happens if things go right?
• How will my decision affect the path that I am on?
2. Don’t over analyze it. Keep in mind there is no surefire way to predict what long-term effects your decisions will have on your life; making a decision is taking a risk.
3. Make the decision for yourself. You are the only one that has to live with as you forever. Too often people get caught up on what others think and what others say will be good for them. Ultimately, only you know what is best for you. Respect the opinions and suggestions of others, but have a strong enough mind to make your final decision for yourself.
4. Be content with your decision. After weighing out the positives and negatives of the decision and choosing what you’re going to do, be content with your decision. Shun any feelings of ‘shoulda, woulda, coulda’.
Good decision making is an essential skill every ambitious girl needs to work on perfecting . Remember now, nothing is full proof but that doesn’t mean we can’t make educated decisions. Consider all of your options when you’re faced with tough decisions and don’t feel like you have to rush to make a choice, if you can sleep on your decision before making it final, do that. You’re human, you will make mistakes, mistakes are proof that you are trying. Don’t be so afraid of making a mistake that you give up your freedom to decide for yourself. When faced with a tough decision always remember you’re not alone, we’re all just deciding what to do, every second of the day!
Stay Ambitious, Stay Motivated!